View Single Post
      10-31-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
night199uk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: frari

Retrofit BlueTooth/6FL - BimmerNav or Bimmer-Tech - steps involved?

I recently got a 2010 Z4 sDrive23i. Unfortunately, no-one in Hong Kong seems to install options in bimmers due to the new car tax it seems. So I want to retrofit Bluetooth and 6FL. This car has no pre-wiring being based on the Euro models and doesn't have the newer HU which has BT & USB from what I read on the 1er forums.

I've been in contact with BMW who want a stupid amount to retrofit (around 2000 euros or more), and also BimmerTech and BimmerNav who seem more reasonable and recommend on these forums.

So I'm wondering if anyone has done a BimmerTech or BimmerNav install on a Z4 E89 and would have pictures or more background on the steps involved or even an install manual? Both told me it was simple but I don't have any clarity around whats required from their kits yet.

All of the details on the 'net seem to be for 3-series, E90s especially. For those it seems we fit a ULF/TCU/MULF in the trunk and run a harness to the front of the car when no prewiring is available, plus cable the Mic - in the Z4 the Mic is in the dash I'm led to believe so I think I need a new trim piece there too. Other guides for the 1er seem to suggest replacing the HU with a newer BT & USB compatible one, but that seems to have coding woes in some cases.

Really keen to find someone thats done this with one of the above kits before I blow out the cash with one of the companies. Anyone out there done this?
Appreciate 0