Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorntodd View Post
I have discovered both my rear wheels have developed cracks (2 on drivers side, 4 on passenger side). Very small, no loss of air pressure. Upon discovery, the service advisor had said that BMW does not warranty cracked wheels. So, they would not even look at them. After I called BMW USA, I was told to take them in to the dealer for inspection. I will deal with that in the near future. I have replaced all wheels with BBS and Conti Extreme Contact DWs. Whatever the outcome of this, I did not want to replace with the same wheels.
This is simply not true. You may recall I discovered 2 cracked wheels in Idaho Falls, Idaho. The BMW dealer there also told me Canadian Cars are not covered under warranty in the USA, this is NOT TRUE as I was told later in Canada.

One of my wheels had an open crack (BMW declared that the wheel was bend). In fact the wheel was bend by 2 grease monkeys at a tire shop that BMW of Idaho Falls uses to do there tire work since they did not have a tire machine to change my 19 Inch wheel.

The other rear wheel (passenger side had 2 hairline cracks and BMW Canada changed it under warranty without any questions at all.

Bottom line ... I think we are not being told the truth all the time either on purpose or just because of inexperienced people. My advice to you is don't take this BS insist on a new wheel replacement or change the wheels to another type.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0