Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin49 View Post
Hereare a couple stories:

I had a 6 speed manual MINI Cooper S vert that I was going to trade on a VW R32. Took it to the MINI dealer where I bought it. It is a dealer in a large metropolitan area. He game me a trade in value much lower than I was expecting. Took it to CarMax and received an offer $1500 more than the MINI Dealer. Then I took it to the VW dealer where I was buying the R32. He called a couple dealers and got a quote and said, "Too bad it's a manual, around here no one want to have to shift bacause of all the traffic, but I have another option if you can let me have the car for a day." I told him OK. The next day he called and gave me an offer $3K more than CarMax. He said he found a buyer in Florida and told me that manuals still sell well there.

I also had a 1990 BMW 535 with a 5 speed manual. When I decided to sell it I put an ad in The Roundel and was besieged with buyers. Everyone of them said, I can't believe I found a 535i with a manual tranny. Needless to say I got top dollar for it since I had multiple offers.

So, I agree, buy what you want. There are still a few of us out there that enjoying the connection to the car that a manual tranny gives you. Granted, there are fewer wanting a manual, but when you want one you need to be able to find one. I pick up my s30i 6 MT on Monday and am really stoked.
You are right on and ENJOY your ED Z4 that comes in soon - please post pics
Appreciate 0