07-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #21
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by san4ever View Post
I first noticed the noise in the drivers compartment as a small vibrating sound coming from within the dashboard somewhere between the radio and nav. This sound were present when cruising from approx. 25mph and above. When driving with the roof down there was this rattling noise coming from under the car very much noticeable when passing buildings and fences. This noice was also present from 25mph and above and becoming more and more loud. At first I thought it was two different noises, something rattling within the dashboard and the well known wastegate ratte from under the car but it soon became obvious that it was the same source of the noise.

The noise I had was always present from appr. 25mph and above, it did not matter if I was driving manual or in sports mode. With the new DCT the car is incredible silent, the only noise I sometimes can hear is the rear exhaust flap.

I have never ever used the launch control so this can not me the reason for my DCT problem.
Thanks for explaining this san4ever! Then I definitely do not have the rattling noise problem you had before changing your DCT. In fact mine is completely silent while the engine is cold and at any speeds. The noise I am experiencing only starts after the engine has been warm (90C+) for some time, and only during accelleration. Its barely noticeable and after reading your explaination I will stop worrying about it being the same problem as yours. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0