04-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #44
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmlnnrt View Post
The Big difference I have noticed, is you wont slip and slide around ! Not that you get stuck in any position, but its not that easy to shift around! Its very comfortable too- not cold in cold weather - and I hope not HOT when it gets hot here ! also the front part of the seats extend to several positions - for long distance comfort and support - I tried it for a while, then pulled it back to the normal position, and noticed the difference - both positions were good !

The Head liner is now black too - not the white that I had in my 2009 Z !

Phil
I agree. The Alcantara is very good. And, the best part is, it also wears better than leather and you don't get the wrinkles. Good for resale and for us who cringe when we see a tiny imperfection on our cars! However, it looks like on the Valencia Orange edition (like my Atacama) that the leather is Nappa, and THAT unfortunately doesn't wear as well as Kansas. After only about 2 months and 3,000 miles, the leg bolsters are already showing some wrinkles. Alcantara still looks new though

Also, I don't have a 2009 so I'm not exactly sure, but I was under the impression that all Z4s have white headliner, including 2014, unless you get the M-Sport package or just Sport Package, in which case you will get the anthracite(black) headliner. Correct me if I'm wrong though, because it looks like your car doesn't have M-Sport, but it may have Sport Package which will explain the anthracite headliner. Unless they changed it all together.
Appreciate 0