APDspider
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 28i

Garage List
BMS JB Stage 1 N20 install for Z4 28i

Hello peeps,

I'm not a mechanic, so I found this a bit unnerving to do on my own. But I took my time and I wanted to post my own write up because BMS's website and install guide does not match with our specific N20. The pictures in the BMS install guide shows a different setup than I had. So hopefully, these pictures will assist in future installs for us N20 Z4 guys/gals.

So here's where to get the original install guide. http://burgertuning.com/instructions/JB_n20_install.pdf

From these pictures, one of the plugs was not where it was pictured. Note, I have an Electronic Wastegate (whatever that is, so plug 4 doesn't apply).

engine by APDspider, on Flickr

So here are the actual plugs that correspond to the BMS install guide for the Z4 N20 28i.

TMAP Plug
TMAP1 by APDspider, on Flickr

MAP Plug
MAP2 by APDspider, on Flickr

MAF Plug
MAF3 by APDspider, on Flickr

Engine bay look - all plugged in
Untitled by APDspider, on Flickr

Another look

Third look

Finally, We don't have a Driver Side Cover on our Z4. So this picture doesn't apply:
Screen Shot 2014-11-13 at 2.42.32 PM by APDspider, on Flickr

So due to the lack of this cover, the JB unit is exposed to the elements, from the underside of the car. So I wrapped it in heavy vinyl, and zip tied it to the brace bar as pictured.

Notice that since this is Stage 1 only, there is no need to splice wires, connect to a battery or ground. Just 3 plugs, no tools.

I hope this write up will help others realize how easy this install really is.

Cheers,

APDspider
Appreciate 1