View Single Post
      06-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #78
coetzejg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 3.0 M Black/red

I'd be very interested to get feedback on this software upgrade also...and if it solve your problems. I've got the 3.0 Manual. Have had many AC problems during our hot summer months Dec - March past, being winter down under here now.
As discussed elsewhere on this forum, the AC was causing a whinning noise between 4.5 - 5.5 thousand revs. It also felt like there was a lot of resistance in the engine when this whinning noise happened. It also only happened when the outside temp was higher the say 28 degrees Celsius. This resistance issue with the AC compressor on the V-belt could easilly cause an automatic gearbox to stall should the revs drop low enough.
BMW replaced the AC compressor twice on the car now, and a PUMA ticket was also logged for it with the whinning noise recording sent off to BMW. None of this solved the issue to date, and with it being winter here now, the issue is not reoccuring.
Some I'm almost sure this issue on the 3.0 with the engine stalling and AC whinning is all related.

Please give us feedback on if the software update helped you guys...while you can reproduce this now in your hotter weather.
Appreciate 0