Silver-Bolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinaustin View Post
update: bmw just called. they said there was a software fix for the stalling issue. the dealer is updating all the modules in the car though, so it may not be done today. when i get the car, i will try and verify if it is really fixed or not. i will also try and get you version information.

now my rant...(assuming the software update fixes the issue)...there are no bmw tsb's on this issue and the bmw mechanics in their weekly/monthly update from bmw have not been informed of any stalling issues. it seems that by only entering a formal puma ticket does bmw actually fess up to this issue.
Fingers crossed the software cures the problem. BMW is not unique in the way problems are reported. Even when there is an information trail on the problem it does not automatically generate a TSB. Once a TSB is released it is up to the individual dealerships to stay up on all of the bulletins. Also TSB's are not an automatic fix when released. The best option in the case of TSB's is to print a copy and take it to the service department yourself. We have fought the same issue with Mercedes, Lexus, Toyota, Ford, and Mini. The only company that notified me of TSB's to date is Subaru.
Appreciate 0