Putzo
Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 E89 Z4 35is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
How the hell do you manage that?! Do tell! Were these BMW incentives or did the dealer take $16,700 off the MSRP and lose a ton of money? Was it a demo car or sitting on the lots for months?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrK View Post
OP is from Canada. Canadian cars already carry about anywhere from a $8K - $13K MSRP over same US models. I hope he got a big discount considering the current US to Canadian $$ exchange is 1:1.
HerrK has the right of it. We Canucks get boned on our vehicle pricing compared to equivalent models in the States. With the CDN$ and the US$ at about par, my new car was sitting in the showroom with a price tag of between $83k and $84k. As soon as the calendar turned 2013, they immediately knocked $18k off the price and called it a "2012 clearance sale". I talked them down a few more bucks, got them to throw in the latest and greatest maps for the nav system (a $200 license fee) and walked away for just under $70k (taxes included).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
Keep in mind it's a 2012, not a 2013, according to the post.

Still a good deal if you can get the Z4 you want, off the lot, for that price.
Indeed, May 2012 manufacture date. Although it has certainly had a few test drives, I'm happy to call it new. When I took delivery, there were exactly 140 km (87 miles) on the odometer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrK View Post
How about some pics in a new post preferably.

I hope you didn't hurt any toes when you kicked those RFT's. Since you saved a nice bit of coin, invest it in trashing the RFT's and geting some real tires. Your chiropracter won't be so happy, but the car, your back, and your co-pilot will love you for it. I wish I had done it sooner - too thrifty. The difference is hard to imagine until you do it.
I will do my level best to get some decent photos into my "BMW Garage" on this site once spring hits and I can get the car out of mothballs. As for the 19" RFTs, I'm probably going to keep them. I'm quite used to driving a 335i with sport suspension and 19" RFTs, so the new ones should be about the same. HOWEVER... if too much wheel cracking crapola happens, I will have no choice but to consider a switch.

Last edited by Putzo; 02-04-2013 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: Again, wrong discount number.
Appreciate 0