09-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #10
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
I was able to push the handling pretty hard on the roads we were on. Lots of tight 20 mph sweeping turns and I can see how/why the mags give it low marks on handling. My normal driving style is to go in deep, late brake, and come out hard. By doing that the car understeers and has a wierd dead spot in the steering. After trying that I slowed my entry and accelerated hard at the apex and she railed around the corner. It seems to like a little finesse and lots of throttle on exit. Once I had that figured out it was a different car. It still needs a stiffer rear sway bar but that is it besides ditching the RFT's.
How was the DCT and how deep you go with the gears in the tight turns?

FYI - I got hooked on TransAM back in the late 60's and early 70's, Just a punk kid in those days, but I was crazy for the Penske-Donahue Javlein/AMXs. I've got a couple of Javelins/AMX now. A high school friend that I mechanic'd for had a Boss 302s that was pretty good on the street. Lucky I'm still alive.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Last edited by teagueAMX; 09-09-2010 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0