View Single Post
      07-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #9
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

This is a short and then very long answer to your short question.

I ordered my wife's 2015 Z4 35i on Friday, December 19, 2014. Although the dealer placed the order on that date and he was able to give me a print out of the options and the order number on that date, the dealer did not actually cash my deposit check until January 5, 2015. I am convinced that the dealer did not have an allocation for a Z4 until January 5th and did not want to take my money until the dealer knew they could order the car. In any event, the car arrived at the dealer early on the morning of Tuesday, February 17, 2015. We took delivery the following Saturday, February 21, 2015.

Now, if you are really interested in the time line details, here they are. The car's assembly was completed on Friday, January 16, 2015. It had its final inspection on Monday, January 19, 2015. It finally made it to Bremerhaven and was loaded on the California Highway. The California Highway left Bremerhaven on January 28, 2015 (those nine days just killed me because I could not track its status).

The California Highway arrived in Southampton on January 30, 2015. It left Southampton on January 31, 2015. It finally arrived in Baltimore, Maryland on February 10, 2015. That trip across the Atlantic Ocean seemed to take forever. Thankfully, with the Fleetmon tracking I could at least see its progress in real time each day. The California Highway arrived in Brunswick, Georgia on Thursday, February 12, 2015. The car went through the Brunswick VPC on Friday, February 13, 2015 (the battery monitoring form was in the trunk with a handwritten date of 2/13/15). As would be my luck, Monday, February 16, 2015, was a holiday and the Brunswick port was closed.

However, in the early morning hours of the following day, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, the car was delivered to my dealership. I just attached a picture on the morning that it arrived. I hope I did the attaching correctly.
Sorry for all the detail but we were really excited about the car. We absolutely love it. It is flawless and have had zero problems. I want to buy another one...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0