01-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rking117 View Post
I get more creeks than rattles. Like plastic rubbing plastic. Rattles I can handle because I know eventually I will find it and add a tie wrap to it to solve the problem. But with a creek now that is another story. My 128i is much worse. If I lay my arm on the arm rest and move it, it is loud. That is not what I expect from BMW but I guess if we stay with the brand we have to deal with it.
Ah now the arm rest squeak I might be able to help you with. I had it. Fixing it is another matter. Its the hole in the lower armrest where the prong slots into from the upper arm rest/door. That V shaped clip in the lower armrest has some play in it, presumably to accommodate the prong movement when the door is being closed/put down. That V shaped clip makes the most god awful rubber squeak when moved left and right a few mm. Try it, pop a screwdriver or similar into the V shaped clip and move it left and right, it squeaks loudly. You can't get to it without removing the centre console tray (the bit with cupholders/phone holder in). So for now I've just squirted a little WD40 in there and its made it a bit better. Still makes noise tho, so once the weather improves I'll have that part removed, looks straight forward, and get to the bottom of that too.

Its part 10 here: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...17&hg=51&fg=35

I just wish someone could help me with the loud click I get from the rear/deck area!

Last edited by ManiacGT; 01-21-2013 at 01:38 PM..
Appreciate 0