View Single Post
      09-30-2014, 09:29 AM   #20
jts1981
Captain
Rep
Drives: n54

Asbjorn, sorry to hear/ see what happened but glad you're ok! Bruised ego can heal quicker than other injuries.

I watched your video a few times and here are some things that popped out.

It looks like after the first slide you caught it but didn't follow through. Here after was a series of heavy steering inputs.

Some driver errors I saw was you let go of the wheel completely and let it wind out. You should always have a hand on the wheel until it becomes 2nd nature. Another thing was you didn't look to where you wanted to go. These are 2 fundamentals for performance driving. Every instructor I've had hammers these 2 principles in.

M school focuses on C.P.R. which means Counter, Pause, Recover. With out proper hand control its very difficult to counter correctly. With out looking correctly its difficult to recover because you won't be aiming the car.

I'm by no means an expert, but I'm guilty of kicking out the rear when I get a chance. I used to let go of the wheel and the car would get very squirrelly. After my first track day my instructor taught me the proper way and wow, what a difference!
Appreciate 0