04-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #86
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz View Post
The world has changed. These kids are brought up swimming in social media where EVERYTHING is disclosed to EVERYBODY. Want to know how solid your relationship with your girlfriend is, you check her reported relationship status on her Facebook page. If you're FBO ("Facebook Official), you're in, if not you've been dumped and better start looking. It is incredible that traditional boundaries between the private and the public are not just disintegrating - THEY ARE GONE! The OP kid, and most of his cohort, simply don't understand what we - most of us that is - are objecting to. They are used to hanging everything out there and demanding, like every one else, to be accepted for "who I am." Yecchh!
I think you're generalizing a bit. You cant just just lump us all together into a "cohort". If you check my Facebook, I've got the minimum amount of information on there. I've used an e-mail that I made specifically for my Facebook. I've never demanded to be accepted either? Not sure what you were tying to insinuate with that post, to be honest.
Appreciate 0