03-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #36
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGreer View Post
Beautiful, but I just built one on the BMW site. $65,000 and it wasn't even a 335is model. I've always liked this car but the price point doesn't make sense. You can find a pretty new, very low mileage 911 for that, and why wouldn't you.
Well, I guess its because most people think like this, that we dont see more Z4s on the roads. It is understandable. Given its price, it is not difficult to find something with more prestige than a Z4. Anyhow, here are some reasons that would be valid no matter the price points:

1) A 911 does not offer 50/50 weight distribution. And it is has very very high limits. Therefore a 911 is not easy to drive sideways for fun. And having fun is more important than going fast. I would use the same argument against getting any AWD car.
2) Even with its soft top down I still think it is less of a looker overall. I admire it from some angles but overall I like the Z4 more...
3) You cannot get +90hp by simply ECU tuning a 911 stock engine.

In conclusion, a 911 is a very serious car that looks rather opposite... happy (with those headlights and all)... whereas the Z4 is an angry looking car that is actually eager to play and have fun.
Appreciate 0