View Single Post
      08-26-2016, 08:31 AM   #6
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkn415 View Post
Hey folks,

The lady and I are headed to Costa Rica in late November this year for the first time and wanted a take on where to stay/what to do. We're only there for 5 full days; so we're limited to one destination (landing in San Jose). Nov is creeping up and we're starting to book/plan our trip.

I don't really care much for beaches, maybe some mild hiking, ATV's, zip lining, sight-seeing.

Those of you that have been, any destination tour recommendations? Any helpful tips is appreciated.
I was there last year for a week. Loved it. Go out to the west coast near the Herradura/Manuel Antonio area. THE best hotel in the area is the Marriott Los Suenos. Beautiful resort with a great pool and the service was great. They have their own marina that you can walk to that has a whole area of great shops and restaurants. You can also rent charter fishing boats from there too. Jaco is only about 30 minutes south of Herradura and it a really cool beach town. We also went to a hiking forest where you can do self or guided tours to see monkeys in the trees and other animals.

If you plan on driving, make sure you get the GPS from the rental company. The reason is that it can be difficult to get out of San Jose because their signs suck. Once you're out to the coast, it's pretty easy going north and south. I recommend going zip lining with the Manuel Antonio Park info.
http://manuelantoniopark.com

The zip lining is amazing as your high above the jungle. The people were amazing. The cool thing is that you can do everything through that company like sailing, snorkeling, canoeing, etc. If you PM me your e-mail address, I can send you the info.

It's a great country and the people are really nice. You're definitely going to love it!
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 1
lkn41514.50