View Single Post
      06-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #57
laphil
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89

Count me in as someone who is suffering from this mess.

3.0 stalls (mostly in hot weather.) I also have the loud fuel pump and the whirring in hot weather associated with the engine rev. The pitch goes up as the engine revs up.

So the service writer (yes, Steve, you) at Valencia BMW in California tells me, "It's a machine and machines make noises." On a later date a mechanic got in the car and went for a drive with me. He said with regards to the loud whirring, "Yeah don't worry about that, when you're on the freeway the no-flats will drown that out."

I'm in a love/hate relationship with my car. I love to drive it, but hate the loud whirring and stalling. Way too many issues for a car at this price point. Neither my S2000 nor my Boxster ever had these kind of quality issues. Needless to say I am seriously disappointed in Valencia BMW.

Any documented references with BMW USA would be really helpful, or if you have had a good experience with a dealership in the Los Angeles area who has acknowledged and helped with these issues, a referral would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0