View Single Post
      09-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #18
transmit
Rep
Drives: 2015 Z4 sDrive 28i

I have a mid-level sound system (not base, not HiFi) and ordered the Bavsound upgrade. I received my speakers 2 weeks ago but they forgot the rear midrange speakers in addition to the wiring harness messup. I called them up and they shipped the missing rear speakers within a few days. The correct harness has yet to be shipped (they are saying 2 - 3 weeks) but the harness is only needed for the door speakers to connect the tweeters to the midranges. I installed the front center and 2 rear midrange speakers already which were extremely easy to install. Still waiting for the wiring harness to do the door speaker install. Can't say I notice a lot of difference after swapping out 3 of the 7 speakers in the upgrade but I'll wait until the full set has been installed to make final judgement.

Here's what goes in the mid-level upgrade:
front center dash midrange x1 (installed)
door mounted tweeter x2 (waiting for harness)
door mounted midrange x2 (waiting for harness)
read midrange x2 (installed)

Note that they give you instructions on how to wire the speakers without the harness but I figure I'll wait since I am in no rush.

From what I can tell, the HiFi level upgrade adds the following to the above, using the same exact speaker components:
front center dash tweeter x1
rear center tweeter x1
rear center midrange x1

Last edited by transmit; 09-07-2016 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0