10-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpapg View Post
This is a known issue for all cars and motorcycles from all companies.
The speedometer always overestimates your speed. I think it's a safety measure. Futhermore you must take into account that speed limits in some countries are very strict, so the car shows a little bit increased speed, just to ensure compliance with speed limits for the driver.
Let's say that the current speed limit is 100km/h. If I set my cruise speed to 100 km/h, Im absolutely sure that I will never violate the limit, since the actual speed of the car is less than 100 km/h. So no speed camera will ever catch me.
My girlfriend's Infinit EX35 is always exact, so was my Corvette, so this cannot be an issue with all cars from all companies.

The automobile has been around for 100+ years, we can send a man to the moon and study new rings around the planet Saturn now. So most certainly there must be a way for human beings to calibrate a speedometer correctly.

I don't much care what BMW sets as the acceptable parameter (+/- 10%). It's what's acceptable to me since I'm making the PAYMENTS. It may come down to how bad one decides to complain about it to the service dept, to get it fixed.
Appreciate 0