04-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #84
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Well, if one looks at this whole thread objectively, the OP does come across to be somewhat of an ingrate (not that he is or is not, it just appears to be that way on the net...however, he did have an inkling that he might be as he said it himself). Yes, I agree it's irrelevant how he got the car, his backgrd, etc, so he shouldn't put it out there if it's extraneous info, or else someone's bound to comment about it: that post about his 'culture'/medical destiny was waaay out there...I dunno what to say but saying that it's totally inappropriate for this forum is an understatement.

I personally don't care if OP got a brand new Ferrari as a grad gift, good for him; I didn't bother to comment on his 'extraneous' info either. I don't think that anyone here actually showed any disdain for the guy getting this car, but, rather, his attitude. What I don't get is that he is a self-professed amazing student/intelligent guy but he didn't know immediately upon driving the various trim levels that there is a big power difference between the non/turbos?

Community is a 2-way street, you get what you give. To be fair, if one rereads everything in this thread, it's hard to say that the forum decided to just jump him out of nowhere and w/o any provocation. He may actually be a nice guy in real life, but he just needs to tone down the rhetoric online, it's a car forum(!), that's it. No need to go on too much about the other stuff, esp when it doesn't lend anything to the topic and only casts one in a disparaging light.
Yeah, it does take two hands to clap.
Appreciate 0