View Single Post
      10-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Z4Andy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive 35iS

Bye bye 23i, hello 35is

Will have pics ASAP as it's a bit dark here right now.

In the mean time a few thoughts on the comparisons between the two.

Firstly the steering.

It's so much lighter with the iS than the 23i. Very shocked at the difference to be honest (unless there was something wrong with my 23i). Still feels very "electric" though.

Ride quality.

19" runflats and I think it's fine. Can't see what all the fuss is in the press even in sport+.

Exhaust sound.

Hmmmm jury is still out until I hit the magical 1200 miles. I do find there is a drone but two things about that.

It isn't run in yet and the right tailpipe is slightly off center. It's dark and very wet here so I will wait until morning to have a peep underneat. Could be some transport damage Though it's very nice at startup.

Power.

It's a beast.

DCT.

Just excellent in so many ways. Makes some strange clunking sounds now and then. Something to get used to.

Worries.

Engine oil temp runs at 120c. 23i was only 100. Is this normal?

So pleased with the car so far. It's a massive power hike from the 23i and drives very different (especially the power steering).

Main issue so far is that it was delivered with no mats. Dealer believes they may have been pinched in transit and has ordered me new ones.

I wasn't too please with the 22 miles on the clock either. My last Z had 4 upon delivery.

Pics soon. I promise.
Appreciate 0