View Single Post
      09-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #17
Stupenal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
Thanks for sharing! ED is definitely an experience!

I completely agree with you regarding the steering. However. I think something is acting up with my car. I brought it in today related to a steering issue and they believe something is wrong with the steering module. Who knows. Do you get the infamous "dead spot" or "hitch" when steering that other "is" owners have experienced?
Did not get a "hitch" or anything in the steering. Nothing out of the ordinary except for lack of feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
looks like we have something in common: E36s love. I used to own 325is (93) and M3 (95). Loved them both.
You are right, ED is a must; at least once in a lifetime
Congrats.
E36 love! The e36 still brings a smile to my face whenever I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish_100 View Post
Why were they worried about your heritage? There are other people like you in Austria!!
No one was really "worried" per se, more that I felt we were treated in a different manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq86 View Post
Awesome write up and cool car. Great color choices too!

I too drove through Andermatt and the Furkapass! I hope you had a chance to stop in Andermatt. It's a cool little ski town (I'd love to see it in the winter personally.). Was there still snow up top? I couldn't resist sticking my hands in it and grabbing a pic when I drove by (I don't see snow in May at all lol.). Wish we had a road like that over here it was epic.

Now comes the hardest part...

waiting for it to get back!

Cheers
We stopped in Andermatt for a late lunch - cute town with nice people. Didn't see much snow in the mountains however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2045 View Post
so cool man. congrats!

we're leaving next Monday for ED. same car. can't wait!

packing will be a bit challenging, since we'll be there for 14 days.
Best of luck with your packing....

If you plan on driving to a destination and stopping for a few days, it shouldnt be a problem to pack more bags if you plan to drive with the top up on the way to your destination. Then you can unload your bags and drop the top once you arrive. Since we were always on the move, our luggage was always in the trunk. I found that using a duffle bag to store items (namely dirty clothes) was helpful as the bag can conform to the crevices created by our suitcases.

If you don't push your chair all the way back, you can also fit a couple of backpacks/smaller bags behind the chairs on the shelf and on the ground.

Hope you have a good trip! The wait and planning is a killer...but more than worth it.
Appreciate 0