Thread: Salt corrosion
View Single Post
      06-26-2012, 04:10 AM   #10
raven333
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black 3.0siM sport

final update on the subject!!!

Yesterday I had my car inspected by a BMW Technical Manager. The corrosion to the wheels is inside the hub and cannot be see....no action! (Even though it is recognised that it will move forward and backward over time)
The corrosion on the various parts of the hubs, suspension and drive components... all within acceptable limits with no damage to structural integrity or drive capability.....no action.
Lesson learned by me >>>>Never Ever BUY a car with the expectation with what you see will be corrected by the dealer/manufacturer AFTER you have purchased the car.......

Whilst I am still very happy with my Z4 purchase I am definitely unhappy with the car I purchased.........it has left a very sour taste that only time will tell if my predictions come true without looking for self fulfilling prophesies !!!!
Oh ! I have since sprayed the car with a special agent for combating corrosion.....

In the mean time it is down with the roof and off into the sunshine!!!!!!!!

The Dealer I purchased it from to be fair have taken the matter seriously and conducted themselves equitably and would use again!!!!!

Last edited by raven333; 06-26-2012 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: forgot to mention
Appreciate 0