nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
@nicknaz

Not sure how hard you were pushing you Z,
~40 minutes 4000-7000rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear with lots of wide open throttle after 1hr of cruising on the freeway.

I was leaving a lot of grip mid corner and on corner entry since I didn't know the road. Definitely wasn't shy about using the full throttle when sight lines and road were clear at corner exit.

HerrK when you say:
"I've never seen over 255F running in 110+F ambient 255F running in 110+F ambient"
Are you talking HPDE use or cruising?

When it was 104F here in SD a few days ago the oil temps were 240F as per usual during normal commuting.

Oil temps only go up when I using the gas pedal a lot. Interesting the 35is doesn't have any additional cooling.

Is it the same thing with the 335is? Same cooling as 335i but just different bumper? Does the 1M have different/better cooling gear? (too bad those were sold out! )

EDIT: I kind of expected this higher oil temps situation when I got the car given what happens in the 135/335 commuities when those cars are driven hard, guess we'll see what happens when I get around to going to a driving school in this car.
Appreciate 0