View Single Post
      09-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
erichui
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E89 z4 sdrive30i AW/CR

this also happened to me about 6 months ago. (I had it for about a year or so when everything was fine)

1 day I suddenly notice that my headlights was pointing downwards that I can hardly see more than 1 car lengths. (high beam looked fine)

I tried to look for the adjustment inside the bonnet but couldn't see anything that looks like it, so I booked a time to have a dealer looked at it. (the dealer I took the car to wasn't where I bought the car, since it is about 5 mins from where I work, and it is way too far to take it to where I bought it form).

They had a look and said everything was fine but just did an adjustment, and wanted to charge me $220 AUD. They already completed the job when I picked up my car and I wasn't happy at all since they haven't told me anything about the cost beforehand, so they end up charging me half the price.

Anyways after the adjustment the difference is night and day and I can see much better. (but now after the adjustment it seems that it is aiming a bit too high, and I get high beamed from oncoming traffic very often). But I'm not about to fiddle with the settings after paying $110 for it..........

Would you happen to replaced your stock H8 bulbs to aftermarket LED or something like that? I had an aftermarket LED angel eye replacement and the problem occured after using that for about 2-3 months. Of course it might have nothing to do with that, but it could also be that the part hanging in the bulb compartment was generating too much heat causing something to go off. I took out the LED bulb in case the dealer would blame everything on it, but since then I have only been using the stock H8 bulb.
Appreciate 0