Thread: Z4 Accident
View Single Post
      01-10-2017, 10:45 PM   #1
distinctperson
Human
Rep
Drives: 2014 E89 35is

Angry Z4 Accident

Well, it happened again to my iS. Today, during the rainstorm, I went a little too fast on the highway, hit a rain puddle and lost control of the car. The little Z careened down the highway, hitting the center divider, then the van in the adjacent lane before perfectly settling on the shoulder. I've uploaded some of the pics for your entertainment.

Anyways, since then, I have already had the car towed to the repair shop to begin the lengthy process of returning the car back into shape (it's worth noting that there seem to be no mechanical issues since I was able to turn on/off the car and drive it slowly to the exist and onboard the tow bed). Repair cost estimate, based on exterior appearance only ~$15-20k (insurance is going to hate me even more for this, which is saying something)

Since I won't have the car for a while, I thought about seizing the opportunity to have a few upgrades done -- and this is where I will need some of your input.

1) Upgrading the headlights to post-LCI (2014 YM). Will they fit/work without any modifications ? If so, I will have the shop order those and I'll pay the difference, since I hate the yellow halos so much.

2) Upgrading front/rear bumper to widebody versions. Any suggestions of kits sold locally in CA that will fit ? Not looking for something from China, as they suffer from fitment issues often, and take a long time to arrive.

All other suggestions of things to do are welcomed here. The repair will likely be done by February as is.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0