Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sdrive23i M Sport H'Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbetoni View Post
Related more to the overall thread re: handling vs horsepower: for those of us roadster lovers, our hero cars aren't the high horsepower/high displacement race-born TransAm cars of yesteryear. Ours are (and I could be speaking out of turn here, I apologize if I am) those incredible, mostly European roadsters of a certain era: the 507, the 300SL roadster, Jag E-Type, Ferrari California, later the Daytona Spyder, and even the N.A.R.T Spyder recently sold in Monterey. On the lower-cost side, MGs, Triumphs, Alfa Spyders, Morgans, and yes, the early '53 'Vette, which was designed to emulate those Euro fore-fathers. Open top, great sound, beautiful countryside, pretty lady and lots of fun, thats what these cars (and the Z4, E89 & E85 and Z3 before it) are made for. That's why I bought mine, my two E85s before it, and exactly what I use it for - and pretty much only that. I hope you find something that makes you happier soon.
Agree 100%. But . . . this is a thread about the M3 v. Corvette, not the Z4!
Who said this was about the M3 vs Vette?
It's about people's perception of horsepower these days and them thinking it's the be all and end all.

To be honest I speak on behalf of "most" Europeans when I say, "we don't really care about the Vette. Mustang, Caddy or any of those cars because quite frankly they don't compare when you pit them against the Europeans for a quality product.. There is a reason why the American cars are cheaper!! They're plastic! I've driven a Vette once before in the US and ok, it may be fast but my, how poorly built are they! I know where my money would go every time... Anyway, do we really go at full whack everywhere we go all of the time?
Sorry, this isn't directed at any individual but I'm a bit bored with all the US Car talk - I'm on here because it's the German cars that "we" are fond of.
*RANT OVER
Appreciate 0