Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
Emotion > logic in this scenario, which is completely understandable.
Too many design houses forgetting this ATM. I don't give a flying fuck how fast my car is around the ring in stock form and I don't want to bench race against strangers on the Internet. I want to enjoy the hell out of it when I'm in the driver's seat. That's it.
This is literally the exact point I've been making in a thread over on M6G that's discussing the newly released power specs.

I don't care if my car is a few tenths - or shit, even a couple of seconds - faster or slower than its direct competition in a straight line or around a track; I care about how it looks, how it sounds, and ultimately how it drives. I can't recall a time where I unzipped my pants and laid out my dick at the base of a stoplight to see if it stacks up to the guy next to me. I do recall my memorable drives, those "moments" where everything clicks while you're connecting the dots from apex to apex.

Most performance cars are varying shades of stupid-fast nowadays. What makes a modern car stand out is how well it goes about being fast.
Appreciate 0