View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
If you add Eisenmann or any other aftermarket exhaust that deletes the secondary cats, and you then add the down pipes, you need to buy the downpipes with the race cats in them. In other words, you really either need the primary cats at the down pipes (or race cats as it would be with aftermarket DPs) or the secondary cats in the stock exhaust. If not, it will be VERY VERY loud without any cats at all. I do not think you or the local police would like it.

You could simply buy aftermarket mufflers and the AR DPs without cats. Or you could go Eisenmann and DPs w/race cats or some combination like that. I was simply suggesting the cheapest, highest performance route. I went with Eisenmann because when I was originally modifying the car no DPs were available. Now that I have talked to Kai at AR several times, I would go with the DPs first for less than $1k (add ceramic coating) and then see if I still thought I needed $3k in exhaust.

However, whatever you choose these are all great mods:

1) ESS, Cobb, Dinan, or some other quality tune
2) AR DPs
3) Micheline PSS (the best mod you can probably make!)
4) FMIC
5) maybe Exhaust
6) and the list goes on . . .

DOES ANYONE HAVE GOOD BRAKE PAD recommendations? I was thinking Ferrodo Platinum or something like that?
What are the sizes of the MIchelin PSS did you get? I had talked to Discount tires direct and they keep telling me that the PSS doesn't come in our car's size fitment. I have the 19" 296 wheel and would like to keep the same tire size if possible. Just curious as to what is the optimal setup for 19" tires for our cars on 296 rims.
Appreciate 0