04-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #15
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Speaking of the current Z4's interior, I have something to say about it.

When I sat in it for the first time, my initial impression was "this can't seriously be a BMW". It looked/felt downright cheap in comparison to all the other models. However, when you're driving one of them, it all feels just right. The M Coupe's rather dull and somewhat rough looking guages are a gem to use in action.

I have to admit that it could use some touching up in the materials dept., and maybe some cleaning up in design. I was just very surprised to see how much of a departure it was compared to all the other models.
I think the problem with the Z4 interior is the fact that it's very plain. It would look great with an I-drive system built into the centre of the dash. The steering wheel is about all I like from the interior. Also, I hate the way the dash has a big CHUNKY strip across it instead of a thinner 1 like other models. It looks terrible in Aluminium trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Whoa...I didn't think much of the grilles until I read this and took another look. I thought they were just covered up, but those look like the final shape...interesting...
Yeah man it's been uncovered for a while. Here's better pics from the past:

(I cant see the pics for some reason, click the link and scroll down, you'll see from August 2007:
http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-z4-future.html)