Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banton View Post
Vintage-
Since you have a '10 35i, and the 35is was not available then, would you get the 35is if you were buying today? What is the difference between the 2 cars, besides, but relative to, the hp? Example: If I got a 35i, what would I sacrifice if I loaded it up with the M package, premium, Nav, etc. (other than a $5K savings), over the 35is?

If I got the 35i and did the same mods as you have done, would I be sitting with a better, faster car over the 35is?

Your knowledge of these cars is pretty spectacular and I would appreciate your thoughts rather than be sorry later that I took the wrong path.

Thanks in advance

Bill
If the 35is was available I would have probably bought it b/c I tend to buy the most powerful model even though it is not always the best. However, my wife would have made the final call as it is her car - I really like the black sapphire with walnut interior. Truly, I love the 35i but the 30i with the NA engine is also a true joy.

As for performance, our 35i will smoke a stock 35is. Keep in mind that it is truly pushing around 400hp and 400lb/ft. of torque with the ESS Stage II, FMIC, Eisenmann exhaust, charge pipe, etc. I drive around in sport shift mode or manual plus Sport setting all of the time - it screams and the power is ridiculous. That being said, our mods cost around $5k+; for that price you could buy the 35is and skip the mods if you wanted. In addition, with the 35is and no mods there will be no warranty issues at the dealer if there is a problem.

I really think there are two paths: 1) buy the 30i stripped down with manual = light, very quick, and really fun to shift without all the expensive stuff or 2) a loaded DCT 35i or 35is. Then, mod away if you want.
Appreciate 0