View Single Post
      02-26-2024, 08:09 AM   #12
Steve Jarvis
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW M550i, 911 Turbo

Definitely skip the grill and lighting changes. Of course I like the rear spoiler (looks like mine), but you should paint it body color since you don't have the contrasting color on the rear M bumper. I would also black out the side mirrors to emphasize the black roof and area above the belt line. The calipers are a matter of taste, but the process matters. Painted calipers typically don't hold up that well. Have the calipers powder coated instead of painted. This will make it difficult to match the paint, so I would choose a different color. You may want to choose a nice silver that will look clean, contrast the black wheels and be easier to maintain. I also believe the solid black wheels get lost. I do like the black (given the theme of your car), but think they need a contrast. A set of BMW M2/3/4 437M wheels would actually work very well on your car. They keep the black/orange theme, add some contrast, give you wider wheels (9" front and 10" rear), are lighter (1 piece forged) and will be more flush with the fenders. As far as springs, I didn't go with the Eibach because they lower the front 0.8" and the rear 0.4". My car needed to be lowered the same in the front and the rear. Plus if those dimensions were based on the base suspension than you would only lower the car 0.4" front and 0.0" rear since the M Sport suspension is 0.4" lower front and rear. You may want to simply install some stock M Sport springs, which should lower your car 0.4" front and rear and maintain a stock like ride. For the front, I would consider the lip pictured below. You could paint them orange or black. Either way, do what make you happy! We can all appreciate a nicely done car, even if it's not done exactly they way we would have done it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0