Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjorn View Post
Awesome city, awesome car!

I've often wondered how it is to own a Z4 in HK. I know cars are a bit cheaper to buy there, but parking and gas is more expensive. Is driving in HK fun compared to the mainland? I see plenty of beautiful mountain roads in HK, but most of them are rather narrow and congested.
I own my Z4 for 6 years. Is so fun to drive a small car in HK because our roads are narrow with lot of corners. Its difficult to open the top all the time but I am lucky that my route from my home to my office is mainly highway, so I can enjoy the wind & sunshine when the temperature is not too high. I think hard top Z4 is perfect for HK because we always need to close the top.

Cars in HK generally expensive because we have high tax for new cars. Parking space is tight & expensive, gas is also expensive. So people will usually go for more practical vehicle rather than 2 seaters. But a sport car or roadster in the mountain road is definitely joyful.
Of course most of the road condition in the city of HK is better than mainland China. But as more & more wonderful highway built in mainland, I think its good to cruise a roadster in mainland.
Appreciate 0