View Single Post
      05-15-2015, 09:51 AM   #89
Dejablue
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 SDrive 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim3314 View Post
- Manager told me his dealership is constructed in a way where they aren't a typical "dealer" where they're worried if the car sits on the lot for a long time and they start losing money. He said they'll ship it to their other dealerships (Beverly Hills BMW) and he said for sure it'll sell there...

- After I get Avus Sport's pre-purchasing inspection, i'll see if its only just the flawed paint, or some other "surprise". I'm hoping its only the paint!

- Manager probably thinks i'm trying to low ball him with my "offer" or maybe he's trying to play me. Either way, i'm not done with this manager yet. He thinks he can just shut the negotiating door on my face, think again! I will get an even better deal, assuming the car is still there!
After your inspection, it is gonna be a timing thing.
It's a balancing act, at least it was for me.
I was very concerned that I was spending money to inspect a car which the dealer would NOT put on HOLD for me while I researched and inspected their car. Theoretically, I could have spent the cash, and someone could walk in and buy it.
So, the message is, if the report comes back positive from AVUS, you'll want to be ready with your offer.
The downside is that now the dealer knows that you're serious enough to spend a couple of hundred bucks to prepare to possibly buy their car, so they feel that you are somewhat "invested" now, and that may affect your ability to negotiate.
In a perfect world, you would have already established the selling price and any other considerations (Paint work, etc) BEFORE, and contingent upon the inspection results, but it seems as though that probably won't be the case.
Having said that, maybe you give them one more shot at accepting an offer before you commit.
Appreciate 0