View Single Post
      06-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
jrothstein
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

*shrug*, it's my 5th car actually, and I guess I must be the luckiest bastard ever because I've only managed to blow one tire in the last 20 years, which was replaced at a BMW dealership, so I guess they placed the weights in a more obscure location. All my cars have been leased so I've never had to actually change tires due to wear..

Anyways, mental is probably a bit of an exaggeration.. Like most everyone here, I keep my Z super clean and in top shape. Having never seen these weight things before, and moreso how obnoxiously visible these were placed, obviously I was annoyed.. If you spent the extra $$$ for the nice rims, only to see the look totally marred by what looks a huge strip of scrap metal, I'm sure you'd be pissed too..

Sorry if I came off as a newb or something, I knew tires had to be "balanced", i did not know that was achieved via tape on weights on the rim..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacGT View Post
Is this your first car or something?? Everyone knows you balance a wheel and tyre each time a tyre is replaced. You're going mental over something completely normal!
Appreciate 0