View Single Post
      04-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

It still rattles a tiny bit on start up but its nowhere near as bad as if left alone and lasts a few seconds. You also can no longer hear it when driving around as you could just before. I'd rather have a couple of seconds of tiny rattle over the full on BOOOOM for 30 secs when starting the car. Prob just needs a little more adjustment to make it silent...

Pic...

There are two to ensure the top one can't move when bumped against the actuator. The placement takes a little experimentation but they're easy to move around and tighten back up.

To make this completely quiet, my next test is to put a small spring between a hole on the actuator bracket (holes are there already) and the bottom clip I've put on. This should assist the vacuum actuator in pulling the flap 100% closed as it seems the spring inside the actuator overwhelms the vacuum part which is why the rattle exists. If I can take some pressure off that internal spring by putting an external spring on the clip, that should do the trick totally.

Last edited by ManiacGT; 04-18-2013 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0