04-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #148
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
I loved to drive the Z4 the power was amazing when ever I hit the throttle I knew there was more then one needed in way of HP under the hood.

As to your comment about more or less HP estimate, there is no such thing. The horsepower of any new model is carefully checked once they develop the engine. If your car develops more then specified it simply means you have a very good engine under the hood. The difference you see is what is referred to as "accumulative tolerances" there are many fine machined parts in your engine and if the running clearances on your car are a bit tighter then the result will be a better performance output. You see no two engines are the same no mechanical part machined is ever exactly the same and if it is just a slight difference of a dimension such as say 0.0002"

So sorry I cannot agree when you say "It is a fact that manufacturers from time to time will over or underestimate HP. Basically they can and will twist the truth in whatever direction ultimately benefits them"
Now....this may come as a shock and I probabaly speak for 100's of other 35i and 35is owners when I say this - I don't really give a sh&^ about what any former or non 35i/35is owner's OPINION is about the HP (and several other aspects of the car). Nor do they influence what I believe. I feel no need for me to to continue this conversations any further. Sorry.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 04-12-2011 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 0