View Single Post
      03-20-2011, 03:24 AM   #14
Chuck76
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 3.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E89Tardis View Post
Thanks Richard... I turned off the night display as you described and it's back to a familiar color map.

In the same menu are I discovered my map version to be 1.2.8 Premium 2009-1

Can't wait to find out for sure if the "Office" selection should or should not be there.
If you never uploaded music via usb, you should see if there is any way of doing that. I was not able to as the menu'ing looks a bit different vs the one I had previously, so I was not able to find a way to remove the current uploaded music and re-upload via usb. Also, my iPhone4 gets stuck in a "reading" state when external device is selected. I had music previously uploaded before the hpfp recall and the mp3 on the hdd pull up fine, but when selecting another album and then attempting to play a music file will only restart the current song from beginning versus playing the newly selected song file...Weird. Also, you'll notice that there is a graphic for album cover, which doesn't really work, and the default bmw graphic is there. I believe that you need the newer iDrive hardware for that to even work. Also the newer iDrive, from what I hear, works fully from the USB cable and does not require the additional aux input.

As for the blue map. Yes, I had the same exact color and noticed that it was set to night time. I thought they did some changes, but noticed shortly that it was set. I too did not know it existed.

Also, check if you can close the flip up display, turn the car off, turn the car back on, and see if the display remains down. The previous code, will always pop up the flip up, no matter on what your last settings were.

Its not great, but reassuring that I"m not the only one. Not sure if BMW knows or the dealer is informed about this?

Where did you get your recall done at?
Appreciate 0