Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
Vin,
I am greatful that you are not rolling over on this. With a likely victory in your case you will be setting a presidence for the rest of us.

The only thing I can see defense wise is they will claim your extra boost levels created a higher demand on the pump. That is very unlikely even at WOT. On top of that they will have to data log your car stock and then again with mods to prove an increase in fuel demand.

Best of luck!
agreed - but with a HPFP failure rate of an admitted 70% by two dealers I have talked to in the past week, the real question will be "was it more likely than not your Z4 received a defective HPFP at the factory or that the FMIC killed the HPFP?" I think we all know the answer to that question. Does the iS have a better HPFP??? If not, this is a mystery with its added hp and torque.

Just got off the phone after a 35 minute call with BMWNA. Customer relations said, and I quote "we cannot change PUMA's decision as we do not have the authority." I asked, "is there anyone at BMW I can talk to with the authority to fix this ridiculous position by PUMA?" The response: "NO." I then asked, can I do anything or contact anyone instead of having to file a lawsuit against the BMW Dealer, and they actually said "NO" again. So, I guess I have no choice but to file suit, amazing . . . I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BMW FOR ANY REASON.
Appreciate 0