View Single Post
      10-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #70
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Well - I was screwed this week on our "warranted" HPFP when they saw our FMIC. The service ticket actually says, "HPFP replaced per PUMA, but not warranted because of FMIC." Even though the dealer mechanic, dealer service rep, and dealer service manager admit that the HPFP has nothing to do with the FMIC install or operation as approximately "70% of N54 motors at their dealership have HPFP failure."

This ran me $1,000 total for a $354 HPFP and a lawsuit will follow this week. I can honestly say with extreme regret that I will never purchase another BMW because of the PUMA system and horrible long-term customer attitude being run by BMWNA. Jeeze, I love BMWs but the higher ups in corporate have ruined the experience.

I had a long talk with the service manager on this issue and he told me flat out "this is the direction BMWNA has been moving for the past 2 years or so with the slumping economy despite recovering BMW sales." He said "BMWNA is warranting far fewer claims at every turn in an effort to save money and any excuse possible will and is being used." "PUMA is now controlling many if not most of the warranty claims (PUMA has independent authority from BMWNA) and it is kicking back or delaying many of the repairs needed." The conversation went on but I think you get the picture.

That is a long way of saying that sometimes lawyers and lawsuits are needed - especially when BMWNA screws it customers on purpose and does not live up to its obligations.

Last edited by Vintage; 10-08-2010 at 04:26 PM..
Appreciate 0