Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [7.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannisa View Post
Nice playground and lovely shots. About the oil addition, did you cruise in redline a lot, would you say it is normal or does it have anything to do with your dinan remap? Do you have oil cooler? Thanks
We started driving from 11am until about 3:15pm to grab some grub. Car had about a 45 minute break, then while I was headed home almost 5:00pm, the little triangle sign came on asking to add the 1 quart oil. I happen to be near a BMW dealership that had a service department open until 6pm. I just pulled up the service bay and showed them the warning. My SA said that was normal since I was driving mostly on 2nd & 3rd gear in the mountain roads going up and down most of the day, also in high revs in 80 to 87 degrees temperature. I drifted around a few corners when permissible. I notice a lot of understeer with this car vs my previous M cars. sometimes it just doesn't want to get back over when you are turning the steering wheel to do so. That's when I get a bit nervous when you could easily fall off the cliff or slam against the mountain. But it was quite an adrenaline rush for me as I told TurboHank. It was about 80 to 87 degrees, and even with Dinan my temperature gauge stayed between a little below half way to exactly half way. Pretty impressive. That's without a FMIC. I put 210 miles in one day. I do have the factory oil coolers.

My previous E46 M3 would ask for more oil constantly after extended periods of high revs driving all day. Both E46 M4 and E89 Z4 have 6-speed manual (not sure if that makes a difference).

Don't get me wrong, even with the understeer and a bit tail happy, this car is still extremely satisfying as it is a handful to drive, IMHO.

Last edited by flpnout; 08-08-2010 at 06:31 PM..
Appreciate 0