12-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #34
riccis
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 30i Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by teezee View Post
Lucky you! Would you mind measuring and posting exterior dimensions of the bags? Can you confirm they fit as advertised with the top-down cover in the boot pulled down? This is not shown in the website's pictures.

Cheers!
Guys,

I can confirm that the luggage fits exactly as shown in the pics on the website and that with the luggage in place I can pull down and lock into place the top-down cover thingy. Haven't dropped the top (waaaay to cold at the moment) but can't see any reason why it shouldn't work. Will try and confirm ASAP all the same.

As soon as I can I will measure the cases and post back. And yes....the 2x large suite cases do indeed 'taper'. They are not perfectly rectangular but this is deliberate.

Have to add that I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality too. Seems great for the price.....probably just as good as the mainstream manufacturer such as Samsonite etc. The 2x main cases are fairly stiff with roller-wheels and handles that slide up and down (much like normal suitecases these days) and they came in their own soft bag which I think is really used just for transport but shows care on the manufacturer/suppliers part. Also got 2x small pad locks with keys. The smaller flat case was inside one of the larger main suitcases (just in case someone else orders, opens the box and wonders where the 3rd small case is).

The cases are not as stylish as the car IMHO (I'm struggeling to find something negative to write about the cases and this is the only thing I could come up with!) but a great product for what I believe is a great price too. I would have loved (subject to price) the same set in perhaps leather that matches (colour wise at least) the car's interior. The leather option might be a problem if the cases were to be boarded onto planes (they'd get ruined in no time) but for those that would use them exclusively in the car, I think leather would work.

Only disappointment......didn't get the 10% discount offered to the US bulk buyers

Jokes apart......I can highly recommend the cases.

Last edited by riccis; 12-15-2009 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0