Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Congrats on your new car, and sorry to hear of these niggles.

Hopefully the paintwork and interior trim can get sorted. If the scratches on the paintwork are not deep they should hopefully polish out. I had a slight scuff looking mark at the corner of the front bumper, but I think it was just shipping wax and it polished out fine. You didn't say what colour it is, but I know that my Deep Sea Blue does show up dirt quite easily, so I'm being ultra-cautious every time I wash it so as not to cause any swirl marks.

Regarding the rattle, is this when the roof is in place, or folded away? I initially thought that the interior bits of the roof trim were rattling/vibrating - see this post for the bits of trim I'm taking about:

http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showpost...1&postcount=21

but it seems it was the passenger seat, as someone else on here mentioned. Re-adjusting the seat has caused it to stop.

The centre armrest does have a sort of clunking noise when opened/closed but I thought it was just to ensure a tight fit.

There is indeed dark foam polystyrene type material behind the front grill - I think this is ok though!

I think the standard stereo sounds quite deep (too much bass) and have turned the bass down quite a bit, but other than that its ok for me.

I've never noticed the bonnet wobbling, but will look out for that when I'm out in the car later today!

Going from my 325i coupe to the Z4 I initially thought the brakes were quite soft and didn't have a lot of stopping power. After collecting at the dealers I nearly went through a red light! I think it was because they were just new and the pedal feel was slightly different. Hopefully yours will "bed-in" after a few hundred miles and as the manual says, then begin to work optimally!

Hope you get the issues sorted and would be good to see some pics of her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Andy View Post
Hi all, just taken delivery (will get pics up soon).

However car has a couple of defects. Though dealer has been very fair so far.

Paint has lots of watermarks a scuff on the fuel filler cap and a chip on the passenger door handle.

Interior trim has some marks (scratches on the wood trim) and the dealer has promised faithfully to sort them but it would seem the car arrived at the dealer like this.

Non of this was pointed out to me though and I did have to mention it.

So I agree a course of action with the so far good dealer service but on the way home I could hear this tin type high frequency rattle coming from the nearside rear and when you open the arm rest it makes a very nasty crunch noise and catches on the USB interface somewhere upon closing which seems very cheaply made.

Any ideas of the above. Also what is the packing behind the front grill? Should this have been removed. It was dark by the time I got home so I really didn't get a good look in there.

Very disapointed with the standard stereo, though the bluetooth works great.

Had a nice drive home and managed some roof down time when the sun was out. Fuel computer showing 39.7 average mpg but I never ventured over 60 on the motorway.

Biggest distraction is the bonnet seemed to wobble as I drive. At first I thought it was open and pulled over to check.

Brakes seem very "clunky" at low speed. Handles well and the 19" wheels give a better ride than I thought they would.

I know this first post is a bit negative of the car, however I have just had the bad points on my mind from picking the car up and only 80 miles so far.