View Single Post
      03-16-2024, 05:10 AM   #4
hantigg
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

As only next week I am going to be able to check if there any faults, I will keep researching to find out more about potential solutions.

I am wondering now:

1. What if now it is working as it should from the factory, and I may not have experienced this due to faulty ignition coils?

(after the replacement of the ignition coils, the engine is way more responsive and way smoother) so I am wondering if before, the ECU was "pushing" more voltage toward the coils to "support" the faulty ones and this caused a lack of voltage for the EPS. - This might be nonsense, but reading through the forums, I've learned that the ECU is readjusting the parameters if needed.

2. If the steering rack is the issue, to replace it brand new is around 2.5k which I find way too expensive, therefore I am thinking of getting a used hydraulic steering rack from 1M and just totally ditching the electric one, perhaps the final cost will be the same, but in the end, a better setup will be achieved.

3. If there is no issue at all, no error codes, etc, and this is the way how it actually should behave (very artificial), I am thinking of finding someone who could remap the EPS for sport+ mode. Has anyone done EPS Remapping?

Looking forward to hearing your advices!
Appreciate 0