View Single Post
      01-06-2024, 06:35 AM   #15
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowE92 View Post
I remember for the longest time I had this issue and couldn't figure it out. Turned out I had the menu 4 setting incorrect and it basically was just using the JB4 for gauges.
yeah , from my hours of reading, it's mostly wrong sub menu and/or wrong firmware and/or bad inputs and/or bad BEF.

look, the previous owner sold me the car very cheap, because he had massive turbo lag, and the indy shop thought about a bad turbo, need more investigating.
Turns out the JB4 setting were all shit. Boost target over the tmap range, duty bias all at 0, auto shift redux at 60 ( its a manual car), FF way too high at 96, fuel open loop way too high at 92. Tmap setting at 15 ??? (should be 0 or 1) , and 6 cyl timing at 15 (it should be 5 for the DME model).

Nothing was wrong with the JB4.

It is true that nowadays most post about jb4 is negative, but I have a feeling this is 90% because of the user. Thus the big positive for MHD, it's a flash-n'-forget it.

Jb4 should have add a ''dummy'' page to load basic and safe config according to owner modification (some what like a flash). With config file available with a small descriptive under a clear menu in the app.
The advance tab should be filled up automatically and 'harder' to mess with, like with tons of pop-ups about 'are you sure doing this or that ?'

Last edited by oVeRdOsE.; 01-06-2024 at 06:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
SlowE92112.00