11-23-2023, 07:56 AM   #55
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl View Post
Care to say why? I was thinking about buying one for Christmas but don’t want to waste the money if it’s not worth it.
Yes certainly can....

Simple, I fitted the digital cluster as a paid promotion, for my YouTube channel, with Acarnavi and gave them the video to use as well. But prior to this, last September, I'd retrofitted a Cruise Control cluster to my Z4 to go with my retrofitted cruise control. Now this cost a lot in time sorting it out and actual cost to buy it and have it re-coded, so as I never had the intention of doing this mod, prior to making the video, this is why it's now gone back in. I'll be making a long-term performance video for the digital cluster which'll be out eventually (I did some filming of it in action prior to removing it).

But, in short, it's worth it if this is the look you want. I've got nothing against it at all, in fact I really liked having it installed. I did over 7000 miles in it up and down the UK, and it's my daily to work and back so has had plenty of use. I can safely say I've had no issues with it, and it's worked flawlessly all the time.
Apart from the time and money, the other reason I've gone back to the OE cluster is because I'm about 90% of the way to retrofitting all the OE spec mods that I want on my Z4, of which most have been filmed (if not actually uploaded yet) for my channel. Anything that is not OE is not visible

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0