View Single Post
      09-06-2023, 03:45 PM   #9
Sachak
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4 35i sDrive DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by etropic View Post
Is it possible to code and change the values that are used in these different drive modes?

Such as using the steering values from Sport in Comfort? etc.

Using Bimmercode / Protool or any app necessary.

Goal is to get sport steering in comfort mode.

thanks!
I would love to know how to adjust the values myself, I just sold my other z435i and now have the z435is and when changing to sport in this car the steering isn’t getting stiff, I put live data in protocols to check torque settings on the steering wheel on this car and the last while i still had it and while turning in comfort mode it would go to 3 or -3, if I put it in sport mode it would go to 4 or - 4 depending on which way you turn, clockwise vs anti clockwise. The 35is stays at 3 or -3. So something isn’t happy, no errors though, checked wires on the steering rack and all seem to be good.

In terms of what the OP is asking, I think it’s a perfectly valid ask, The steering is looser than what allot of people like in comfort mode and would be nice if we could change a few values in the coding to make it a bit stiffer, I would need to figure out why my steering isn’t stiffening up in the first place to be able to resolve the coding side of it.
Appreciate 0