View Single Post
      08-05-2023, 09:46 AM   #4
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

You basically pull the top trim piece up i have done this once... it doesnt come apart easily. I used L shape trim tool to the gap of steering wheel and trim so the L part went under the trim. Then pulled up with it and it popped loose.

Also removing steering wheel can make it alot easier... its basically release airbag and unbolt it. Few wiring connectors to unplug aswell. And its off. It goes on only in one way. Has a key slot that lets you put it back only in one way... so you cant mess the orientation up. Took mine off and sent it to get retrimmed a few years ago. Some place in Haapsalu replaced the Nappa leather with new Nappa leather and even kept the heating in working order. Many shops did not guarantee that the heating would survive the work. This guy though said no problem, have done many heated wheels. Charged a bit extra because you have to be careful and take time when removing old leather.

Added Newtis instructions as pdf for you.

Last edited by KennyP; 08-05-2023 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0