View Single Post
      05-19-2023, 06:52 PM   #29
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Well the west coast of FL will probably be cheaper to start. The beaches are also way better and more chill than SFL IMO. Naples, Fort Myers, Sarasota etc.

If you want to stay on the east coast for some reason then just keep going north. The further south the bigger the crowds and the more expensive the houses. Some have mentioned Port St Lucie, although IMO it's pretty crowded, but prices are actively going down. Maybe a year ago everything there was $500k+ mostly mid to high $600k now I see many houses in the $400k. Go further north Ft Pierce, Sebatian, Melbourne, Vero Beach etc will all be less crowded and cheaper and obviously if you go inland in those areas even more so. However at $500k I think you can easily find decent homes closer to the ocean in other parts of FL.

If all my family wasn't here and I already had a paid off home I probably would not live in SFL. I would still have a home in FL just not SFL, but what people like is very different so hard to make recommendations to other people. As others have stated, best bet is to plan a long trip or multiple trips and stay in different areas to see what YOU prefer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
If you want to go a little further north, Port St. Lucie has a lot to offer, but you're 45 min north of Palm Beach, but you can get new construction for around your price range. I know a lot of people who moving there and it's gotten pretty built up in the past 15 years.
Thanks guys. Huge difference in pricing moving up to Port Saint Lucie.. so much that I'm wondering, "what's wrong?" I'm having homes pop up that look fairly high quality (relative to what I could find Jupiter area) for much, much less.

Wild. There's even quite a bit of new construction.

Last edited by nerdogray; 05-19-2023 at 07:01 PM..
Appreciate 0