View Single Post
      04-13-2023, 10:52 AM   #1
indulj
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35i Silver

Lights won’t turn off 2011 sDrive35i

The lights on my 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i have been refusing to turn off when shutting the car off, meaning the headlights, halos, taillights. I found a post on a different site that said this was a known issue with my z4 model, but searching here didn’t yield any results. The other site merely suggested disconnecting the battery for several minutes, which unfortunately didn’t work for me. I tried changing the coding for the lights with Carly just to try something, but no luck. I can eventually turn them off by pressing the start button without the fob inserted, checking, then repeating if necessary until they’re off. Sometimes it only takes one try, but usually I have to do this for 30 minutes or so. Seems like maybe a faulty control unit somewhere…? Does anyone have any suggestions for a non professional non-mechanic modestly intelligent DIY owner? I can generally do things myself with good instruction. I’ve done a lot myself already. I’ve done complete tuneups, oil changes, brakes, replaced and programmed my fuel injectors, replaced my down pipes, turbo inlets, bypass valves, replaced my charge pipe with a billet pipe, installed a smart top… at some point wanna do a walnut blast myself. But these lights are driving me mad. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0